Monday, April 14, 2014

Getting Lost Again


My latest, favorite toy: superimposing text on photos. Was introduced to the site picmonkey.com today while helping work on our church's website. Up to this time I haven't had a photoshop-type program on my computer to do this, so this is quite a bonus--free and everything.

I'm certainly still a novice, but the above is an example of the potential for more.

Hubby worries that sometimes I'm married to the computer, the amount of time I spend on it. Shhh, don't tell him but I've got another "project" area that will draw me here like a magnet!

Any "fun" sites you get lost in?

(And do we even have to discuss how distracting these things can be from our writing???)

______________________________

4 comments:

  1. I was aware of picmonkey for all the fun things it does. Yes, it can sure take me away from my writing! Yesterday, like you, I was working with pictures. I downloaded GIMP, because Adobe Photoshop Elements, which I own, doesn't have rulers and guides. Adobe Photoshop does, but it's subscription based, and it's about $50/month.

    GIMP has rulers and guidelines, and it's free, and it seems to have every other feature that Adobe does, but by the end of the day, I was tearing my hair out. The YouTube vids aren't very good, so when you're learning it, you're on your own. And I really didn't want to have to spend copious amounts of time learning a new program. I wanted to get in and get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I can see how it would be a distraction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, GIMP? I'll have to look into that, too. Thanks for the heads-up. But I'm not so sure about the pulling-the-hair-out thing, ha! I sure don't need to invest in a major learning-curve thing right now, either :-)

    Jess, I think it could be lots of fun but I'm going to have to put limits on it, that's for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am headed that way now! Would love to be able to do that easily!

    ReplyDelete