Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Rainbow Sky



"You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down." --Charlie Chaplin

I looked out my porch room window this evening and, lo and behold, this is what I saw. A gorgeous rainbow! Seems like a neat way to end one month and usher in the next. Not to speak of the fact that I could have missed it if I had failed to look up...

So Rainbow is my word of the week. Here's to looking up--and being open to possibilities--in all things writing and life in general in the days ahead. Cheers to rainbows!

What might your word of the week be?
_____________________________

6 comments:

  1. Sticking with your rainbow image, I have had a really good writing week (so far), with a veritable "storm" of ideas I can use. So I think I'll choose "storm" for my word this week. Cheers to rainbows - and to more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your storm of ideas, Peggy! I'm glad to hear it. Cheers to that kind of storm :-)

      The rainbow is still my inspiration, but today it speaks to me of hope--as in, I hope I get a few "rays" of writing in here and there the rest of the week since it's proving to be rather busy with unrelated things. Gotta' keep that notebook handy to at least catch the flittering thoughts that pass by as I go...

      Keep writing, friend :-)

      Delete
    2. You, too!

      I started my 4th of July celebration with a half hour of writing, which translated into something like 3 short paragraphs. Oh, well, better than nothing. And the parade, the cookout, and the fireworks were awesome.

      Guess that's more inspiration!

      Delete
    3. Oh, to have your discipline--even a half hour of writing on a busy day would be a plus. But I'm not stressing over what's not getting done. We have houseguests here for a few days and, although the word count is down, the visiting (and inspiration) is nice. So like you, it's all good!

      Delete
  2. Was that the day we were over and the kids saw it, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's right, you and the kids did see this, too. Wasn't it beautiful? Pretty special--we don't see one this good very often :-)

    ReplyDelete