|image courtesy pixabay.com|
"I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells." --Dr. Seuss
June: we're fast approaching the half-way mark of the year. Can you believe it? How are we doing on the writing goals we set in January? Do we need a boost--maybe a brain boost, insights on how the brain works, or just simple inspiration? Sharing some links on the subject...enjoy!
1. Can You Boost Your Brain Power--and Your Health--by Writing Every Day? (Yes!), by Mary Carroll Moore
2. Why Your Brain Loves Good Storytelling, by Paul J. Zak
3. The Science of Storytelling: Why Telling a Story is the Most Powerful Way to Activate Our Brains, by Leo Widrich
4. Your Brain on Fiction, by Annie Murphy Paul
5. How Does Writing Affect Your Brain?, an infographic by Micaela Lacy