And, so, in the spirit of the idea--which is to highlight and share information about other blogs--I'd like to pass along the fun. The tradition is to tell 7 things about yourself AND pass the award on to an additional 10 blogs (although there are far more than ten out there that could be mentioned, for sure). Here we go!
1. My favorite ice cream flavor is Graeter's Mocha Chocolate Chip.
2. I was the assistant editor of my high school newspaper, and church newsletter editor for nine years.
3. I was once a bridesmaid in each of three weddings in one week--a Saturday in Ohio, Sunday in NYC, the following Saturday back in Ohio.
4. Once for an aniversary, hubby gave me a book titled Historic Homes in America. Now whenever we travel we try to visit one of the featured homes if in the area. To date we have toured 17 houses out of 67, including Paul Revere's house in Boston, Charles Lindbergh's childhood home in Little Falls MN, Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in DeSmet, SD, and Jefferson Davis' Beauvoir in Biloxi MS (later destroyed by Hurricane Katrina). Only 50 more to go!
5. I taught school for a year before becoming a stay-at-home mom, tutor, house fixer-upper (mainly by painting/wallpapering/refinishing woodwork), and WRITER.
6. I've been published in two Cup of Comfort and the My Dad is My Hero anthologies, along with a number of various magazines.
7. I'll drop everything to answer a phone call from 2 1/2 year old Angelica, or get a chance to skype with 8-month old Nicholas out in CA!
Blogs I often visit, enjoy, and glean valuable tips and info' from include:
1. Tina at Excuse Editor
2. R.L.LaFevers and Mary Hershey at Shrinking Violet Promotions
3. Writing Nut at Writing in a Nutshell
4. Debbie at Writing While the Rice Boils
5. Cathie at Words World and Wings
6. Jess at Falling Leaflets
7. M.B. at M.B. Writes
8. Diane at Diane Estrella
9. Kathryn at Kathryn Jankowski
Drop in and pay these great bloggers a visit, if you haven't already. Each offer their own kind of style and specialness to the blogging/writing community.