And surprises! One of which came the other day from Catherine at The Writing Room when she awarded me these:
And so to Catherine I say thanks! Your kindness is much appreciated.
I understand that a few rules come with the acceptance (although I also understand each awardee may tweak them as they see fit).
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who gave the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to fifteen bloggers, newly discovered or those you've been following (I'll do ten).
4. Contact the bloggers that you selected for awards.
What I like about this is how the award provides links to new people and places, widening the circle. And so, without further ado, I pass the awards forward. Some have received these awards before, I know, but this is my way to express appreciation for the inspiration, encouragement, and fun that has come my way from meeting and sharing/reading about writing with them. And please note that this comes with said appreciation, and without requirements. So do with as you wish!
1. Karen at Write Now
2. Lindsey at The Write Words
3. Terri at Terri Tiffany, Inspirational Writer
4. Sandra at Sandra Heska King
5. K.M. Weiland at Word Play
6. Jeannie Campbell at The Character Therapist
7. Melissa at Through the Looking Glass
8. T.Anne at White Platonic Dreams
9. Lola at Sharp Pen/Dull Sword
10. Janet at Janet Sumner Johnson
As for seven things about myself:
1. I started out a journalism major in college but ended up graduating with a teaching degree.
2. The one movie in all my life that impacted me the most was Life is Beautiful.
3. In my BGM (before-getting-married) life, I worked part time in the Apiary Division of the Ohio Department of Agriculture processing beekeepers' registration forms. In my AGM life, I filled out those same forms for my hubby, the beekeeper, and mailed them in for someone else to process.
4. I love hummingbirds, goldfinches, and windy days. The latter may be because I met hubby in the Windy City?
5. Sometimes I think I am too windy. Need to write more/talk less.
6. I have both fantastic daughter (university Spanish instructor) and daughter-in-law (photographer)--each of whom are the world's greatest mothers to my 2 1/2 grandchildren (# 3 is due in December)--and of course fantastic son and son-in-law who are the world's greatest fathers to those same children.
7. I have visited 45 of the 50 states. My husband says maybe, possibly we'll make a trip to Hawaii in a year and half for our anniversary. I'd say that qualifies him for the world's greatest husband!
That about wraps it up...