Saturday, June 12, 2010

Not Your Normal Saturday Morning

How sad are the stories coming in about the flash floods that tore through the campgrounds in Arkansas. Our hearts and prayers go out to those who have been tragically affected. The little bit of flooding we experienced today is truly insignificant in comparison, but for those who might drop in to take a peek at our little corner of the world, this is what we woke up to this morning...

...at the end of the road...

                       ...heading north...                                                                  ...heading south...

...rescue workers...

...road conditions...

...swift-moving waters...

Not your normal Saturday morning. But we're not complaining.

And the sun is shining now.

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything gets sorted out for you and your corner of the world. That looks intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! The water has gone down now, so all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with all affected by this flood. Thanks for sharing with us Kenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! The same thing happened in my city and the surround towns a few years ago. The devastation affects people for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a lot of water, Kenda! I'm glad you are okay and didn't have any flash flooding in your area. It truly is tragic hearing the news of those in Arkansas. My heart breaks each time they mention the children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I can't believe that's the road we go for walks....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, we totally missed it! I can't believe my eyes from these pictures (at first I thought they were images of AK!) Unbelievable...

    ReplyDelete